What’s happening in the market these days?? That’s the question people often ask. Here’s a summary and some graphs to illustrate what’s going on in Lane County. If you’re interested in your particular neighborhood or house let me know! I’d be happy to do a market analysis for you or just chat over coffee or lunch about what’s going on in your area.
For Lane County as a whole in February (March stats aren’t out yet):
- Median sale price: $280,000 (up 12% year over year)
- Average days on market: 52 days (down 1.9% year over year)
- Sale Price vs Original List Price: 97% (unchanged year over year).
Last February 2017 vs this February 2018
- We saw basically the same market!
What we’ve seen historically:
- 2015 vs 2016 – inventory crunch
- 2016 vs 2017 – inventory crisis
- Jan/Feb 2017 vs Jan/Feb 2018 – What will this year bring? Pending is still outpacing inventory!
- Inventory has increased by 4.6% year over year (Jan/Feb 2017 vs Jan/Feb 2018)
- Pending has increased 17.4% year over year – wow! (Jan/Feb 2017 vs Jan/Feb 2018)
Did you know????
- 33% of all listing inventory was below $300,000 and 56% of all pending was below $300,000.
- 53% of all listing inventory was below $400,000 and 81% of all pending activity was below $400,000.
- We are in a dual market! If you are below $300,000 you are in a strong sellers’ market. As you go higher in price range the market slows down making it the perfect market to move up into a higher price range. If you’ve been wanting or waiting to do that – now is the time.
Check out these pdf’s of some of these stats!